Maynooth Municpal DistrictClick on map to view area name or View Large Scale
- First elected in 2009, I've been privileged to work with
- Residents groups
- Access groups
- Community Councils
- Tidy Towns
- Community Games
- St. Patrick’s Day parade
- Friends of Donadea Forest
- Le Chéile Community Magazine.
My work has ensured continued community-based representation for the new Maynooth Municipal District.
- I Continue to put local people first and independently pursue the community’s needs without being silenced by party-whip politics.
- As a public representative, I continue to advocate for proper planning policy, eliminate excessive zoning and avoid inappropriate development.
- I oppose unjustified spending at local authority level.
- I have contributed to many areas including
- County Kildare Fáilte on tourism development;
- County Kildare Joint Policing Committee on crime prevention and family supports
- Transportation, Safety and Emergency Services Committee on sustainability
- The Mid-East Regional Authority on planning
- On broader economic development policies
- Addressed local issues on flood alleviation and housing
- The taking charge of estates
- Youth services
- Anti-social behaviour
- Environmental management
- Heritage conservation
As an Independent candidate, it is my intention to further deliver on work that I started with your help for re-election.
I ask for your 1st preference vote to help get re-elected. I am a true Independent and believe that at community level, party allegiances can often be divisive and can put the party interest before that of ordinary people. My objective is to put people and the community first. Since heading the poll in 1999, my father, Tony McEvoy, has been able to impartially pursue the community’s needs without the baggage of party politics. I am a 39 year old engineer who attended Scoil Phádraig Clane, Scoil Mhuire Community School Clane and the Dublin Institute of Technology before spending a decade working in the UK and France. My business expertise includes large-scale high-tech manufacturing and managing project teams. I currently research technologies for Irish companies at the DIT. Following in family footsteps, I have worked with Tidy Towns, Community Games, Access Projects and the Le Chéile community magazine. I compete in canoe polo for leisure and would like to see more support for youth projects and amenities.What we need today is fresh thinking. My career to date has been about finding workable solutions to complex problems. These skills, and my relative youth, can bring a whole new energy to local representation for the Clane Electoral Area.